Just because I was very interested in the success of my kids didn't make me
the best one to teach them. While there are educators as you describe, I
found them to be a very small minority in our kids public school expereinces
- 4 kids over 22 years.
The greatest barrier to learning was the kids whose parents had no interest
in their kids learning anything, who held back the classes and were
disruptive. The attitudes of the parents were directly reflected in the
kids.
The stupid stuff that happens in the schools is driven by the school boards,
who are elected by the parents -----

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 4:40 PM, Mountain Man <maontin....@gmail.com> wrote:

> OK Don wrote:
> > And resources - who's the tutor?
>
> The person(s) most interested in the success of the student.
> Mass education does not provide that - educators are interested in a
> paycheck and that is their primary objective - not education.
>  mao --

OK Don
2001 ML320
1992 300D 2.5T