From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com]
On Behalf Of Curt Raymond
Sent: Thursday, January 06, 2011 10:35 AM
To: Diesel List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] cheap hauling

Actually....

My 190D has a trailer hitch and I was thinking of using it to haul the
snowmobile trailer. There are times when I want to ride after work and
running to my wife's office to get the pickup is a pain in the butt. The
snowmobile weighs ~600# so I'd figure around 900# total weight with the
trailer, maybe round up to 1000#. The trailhead is about 3 miles away (too
far to take the sled on the side of the road) so its not like its a long
highway drive.

The only thing standing in the way right now is that the car isn't wired for
lights, does anybody know of a source for the wiring kit? Autozone was
flummoxed. My Ranger came wired for them but on the Dakota I bought a little
kit that plugged inline with the taillights.

-Curt