> Cliff Notes edition:
> 210 models have become notorious for rusting around the inner
> door jambs, engine crossmember pieces and some suspension
> support pieces regardless where the MB is located. MB skipped
> a rust preventive "dip"
> on these models.
>
> It has been documented that a few original owners have had
> some assistance from MB but not for the majority.
>
> There is not a 210 in my future.

It's a shame. They're beautiful cars, very nice drivers, substantially
better ergonomics and suspension than the W124 that I'm becoming familiar
with...

Interesting - I drove my wife's '96 A6 (C4) quattro wagon yesterday. First
time in about a month. That car is a good step ahead of my W124 in terms of
ergonomics, features, overall feel. The W124 feels old in comparison.

The W210 is a similar step ahead of the C4 Audi. And it makes sense...the
W124 was first brought out in this country in '87, the C4 Audi in '92, the
W210 in '96.

Oh, and I saw a listing for a UK 300D 4Matic owner's manual on ebay. I want
*that* car!

Lee
'93 300D 2.5L turbodiesel 179K