From my local cycling group this morning. I like the part about "the apparently
inebriated driver tried to drag him out of the way so he could flee"

--R (who got the first conviction under the SC Bike Law against the guy who hit me -- MB Content: it was a Sprinter van he used in the assault)

     Posted by: "David"

<mailto:dbdawso...@comcast.net?Subject=%20Re%3A%20Cyclist%20vs%2E%20Automobile>

       Thu Feb 3, 2011 3:48 pm (PST)

The cousin of a friend of mine was struck by a car last night on King St. where
it intersects with Spring. The incident was pretty bad but he is okay with a
broken leg and a damaged knee. In a true measure of class the apparently
inebriated driver tried to drag him out of the way so he could flee.
Fortunately there was a Charleston City police officer there who saw the whole
thing and stopped the guy.
I write this because the cyclist, Sam ***, is from Greer, where he and his
family are avid cyclists, but he is relatively new in town. I would like to
give the Charleston Cycling community a chance to show their support for any
cyclist hit on our streets. I'm sure he would love to hear from all of us
wishing him a speedy recovery, and I'm sure his family would love to know that
the community in Charleston is looking out for there son.

Here is his email:
***@..
.

Thanks All,