Paypal?

Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 12:37:58 -0500
From: Rich Thomas <richthomas79td...@constructivity.net>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: [MBZ] ***NO MB***OT*** Intl Money xfer

****USE YOUR DELETE KEY******

Can anyone suggest a good way to transfer $US to the daughter in Spain
(euros) without getting raped by exchange fees, wire transfer fees,
etc.?  At the airport on Monday we bought this pre-paid debit card
thing, and I put some money on it, and had to add some today so she
could pay a rent deposit, etc.  The fee on that was pretty high (like
4.5%) so I am trying to figure out a better long-term method.  Set up a
local bank acct and transfer $$->euros somehow, avoiding wire xfer
fees?  Keep using this debit card thing?  She will be there for 6
months, I don't want to keep getting screwed by the banks. (OK that last
wish is probably futile, but you get the idea)

The banks here are totally useless in assisting with this.  One would
think it would be a simple thing to do, since people do move around and
travel these days.

--R