From: Alex Chamberlain <apchamberl...@gmail.com>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Thu, March 10, 2011 2:27:33 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 123 rear bumper, was test

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 10:37 AM, Max Dillon <meadedil...@bellsouth.net>wrote:

> Yes, working that angle with Fred.
>
> How do you figure shipping an entire non-running car from NE to SC would be
> good deal?

Depends what a good used late-revision 603 head with all the trimmings is
worth to you, I guess.   I have seen them go for $1K easily.  Offset the
price of shipping by that much... Then you can part out the rest of the car
if it is worth your time, resell it (I paid $400 for a mechanically hopeless
380SEL with a perfect interior to swap into my 500SEL, so I think the market
is there), or scrap it.

Alex