The tranny came out of another 300D and was installed by Benz Friendz...shifts
great...hate to send it to the crusher...
Message: 3
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 00:35:21 -0500
From: "Gerry Archer" <arche...@embarqmail.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Mercedes Digest, Vol 64, Issue 28

Where did you get the new tranny for the 85?  In which area do you live?
Thanks,
Gerry

----------------------------------
From: "B Dike" <bdi...@yahoo.com>
CARFAX gave conflicting answers. Need another source...
Have a 82 300CD and an 85 300CD. Both run but not like new. The 82 could
make road trips but it is a stubborn starter in cold weather. It has a
football-sized ding in the side from a driveway incident...it was parked
poorly and someone else was in a hurry...
The 85 needs a new motor, but just had the tranny replaced. The body has a
couple minor dings and scratches but cleans up nicely...very nicely.
No significant chassis problems in either car. Ride and handling is great.
Willing to sell either in pieces or whole. Bottom line for me is salvage
value plus easy to sell items. Local salvage yards are paying $170 a ton!

--- On Mon, 3/7/11, mercedes-requ...@okiebenz.com