BZZZZTTTT Wrong! The base assumption here is that carbon monoxide (CO) from the exhaust is making you sleepy. The car is a 300SD. That means it is a Diesel. Diesel exhaust will not kill you or your canary. Diesel exhaust has negligible CO content. Diesel exhaust WILL NOT make you sleepy. Lack of CO is one of the inherent advantages of Diesel engines.

While a hole in the muffler might make annoying noise, it won't hurt you or your family.

Check your assumptions
Check your sources
Check your ammunition

 ... which Manfred tells me is due to a 3/4 -1' hole in the muffler of my
1981 300SD. He is helping me with the car, and a muffler [without the holes]
is needed.  Manfred can weld it in place, so just 5-6" of pipe is needed on
the muffler.  Anyone got one at a reasonable price that will fit on the
300SD?
Update on the computer: matching 2GB chips from Crucial seem to help a bit;
any additional memory tests as bad.  I still have some delay problems, and
turning off some of the functions of the dictation program has also helped.
More user friendly at this point, but I think a newer computer will be
needed at least by next year.
Bill R