Sounds like maybe someone tried to steal it and broke the steering column.

Randy

On 14/03/2011 4:27 PM, andrew strasfogel wrote:
Great - thanks.  Ya think I can drive it back to D.C. absent those few
parts?  I never heard of either of these "housings".
*Needs ignition housing and switch also needs indicator housing and switch
plus switch for one window and probably a new batt.*

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 4:05 PM, Fred Moir<fred.s...@verizon.net>  wrote:

300TD. (Wagon)
Running no less.
Not mine

Fred Moir
Lynn MA
Diesel preferred

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        $700 MERCEDES 300 Turbo Diesel 1985 - $700 (Woodstock NY)
Date:   Mon, 14 Mar 2011 13:03:10 -0700 (PDT)
From:   fred.s...@yahoo.com
To:     fred.s...@verizon.net

fred.s...@yahoo.com has forwarded you this craigslist.org posting.

Please see below for more information.

Visit the posting at http://catskills.craigslist.org/cto/2261999381.htmlto
contact the person who posted this.

   $700 MERCEDES 300 Turbo Diesel 1985

Date: 2011-03-12, 4:06PM

This car is in working condithion. Interior is in good condition. 200k mi.
Was running, has been parked for one year. Great car for restoration or
parts. These cars are built like tanks and can run forever also convertible
to bio diesel. working manual sunroof, windows work, lights all intact and
working, roofrack. Needs ignition housing and switch also needs indicator
housing and switch plus switch for one window and probably a new batt. spare
tire included.
$ 700 or best offer.
the money is for a good cause.

   * Location: Woodstock NY
   * it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other
     commercial interests

Original URL: http://catskills.craigslist.org/cto/2261999381.html

/this craigslist posting was forwarded to you by someone using our
email-a-friend feature - if you want to prevent these, please go to:
/
http://www.craigslist.org/cgi-bin/te/U2FsdGVkX18xODgyODE4ONhj0CIJ1yStVZXKgPJodXoGRtFlxmfr-n08Zw4RqPtXui4dwbnUsIZu8h50cUwFDw