Scary but true, Ford and GM are tops of the pops in most reliability surveys
and Toyota is being hammered. Ford's F150 4wd now tops fuel economy for its
class, the Asian imports don't even come in the ballpark.

-Curt

Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 15:30:12 -0400
From: "Bill Ringgold" <billr32...@comcast.net>
To: "'Mercedes Discussion List'" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] I'm feeling sleepy ...

I think my biggest fight over choosing an American car comes from having
grown up in the 1960's and 70's.  One of the very few new cars I have had
was a 1973 Caprice Classic.  I noticed that the trim around one side of the
rear window was 3" too short to make it all the way down; it soon had a rust
spot on top of the windshield; it got horrible mileage.  The battery died
three days after I bought it.  My new company Focus was much better and I
enjoyed driving it.  I even got 54 trouble free miles before the first
breakdown.  5 recalls for various issues.  I switched back to MB's and love
them - and one saved my life in a head-on with a drunk driver [she died on
impact].  Hard to get over the mindset that American made cars are junk  -
though I understand they have improved quite a bit over the past decade.  I
will not be buying a new car [ever again unless one of my monthly lottery
tickets pays off really well] so the question would be which of the 2007-8-9
models is the best buy for me.
Bill R