> Hendrik & Fay wrote:

> You'd think axle stands these days are a no brainer, pretty
> cheap for a reasonable pair

This is one of those deals where I figure if one is good, two is
better.  And if two is better than three is sweet.  And if three
is sweet then four is just about right.

I generally make sure there is at least two or three things
keeping the car off of me.  One of which can be the floor jack
still in place but with no load.  A couple jack stands, a few
piles of wood blocks. (big ones - like 6x6 inch oak, hickory,
etc).

And like someone else mentioned, I like to shake it to be sure
it feels like it will stay up before I go under.

--     Philip