<< I just don't know of its history as a model line. Shops don't really see
them as most are still under warranty and dealers prolly won't be honest enough
to give the straight scoop on issues. I am not so sure I trust a few people's
nasty notes on their woes (some being self-induced as they appear to beĀ
very, very anal).>>

I don't think you have seen anything at all from C-class owners on this list
or it's predecessor. The critical comments come from those who have never so
much as driven one but are automatically hostile to anything that is newer than
what they are driving.

The only valid comment was made a few years back and it was: "Why do people
buy these new cars? Because they can." As to my 4 1/2 year old C320 (the black
one on the frappr web site), it's been the most reliable MB I've owned out of
six.

And by the way, the MB term C-Class began with the W203, not the W202, even
though my C280 was numbered similarly.

RLE/Seattle