I have a similar issue. My 76 300D has a nice looking spare in the trunk. Shiny like someone has covered it with some form of protectant stuff in the past. But it looks old. I have not looked for a date on it but I admit I would have some concern about using it. I would not want to travel at high speed on it and I would not want to be left along the roadway with a flat tire and a blown spare.

I should replace it.

BUT tires these days are very good. Hence the mini spares and some vehicles without any spare tires. Cell phones have made it easy to call for help. So, a bit of a toss up. Do I or don't I???

Randy