Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 11:16:39 -0400
From: Allan Streib <str...@cs.indiana.edu>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT: question about older Mac PowerBook

Jim Cathey <j...@windwireless.net> writes:

> Ever see anybody get 11 years out of a PC?

I did, or more accurately could have.  When the .com where I was working
went belly-up in 2000, I bought my Compaq PC at the liquidation fire
sale.  Also had an even older Compaq that was given to me by a friend at
some point.  Both were still working fine late last year when the local
university had a free electronic recycling event.  We had enough other,
newer computers in the household that I decided it was time to thin down
a bit.

Allan
--
1983 300D