Can you not get a B Class in the US?  They sell them here in Canada.  I
wouldn't say they're leading their segment in sales, but there are a good
number of them around.  They start about $30,000, and go up.  Probably
several similar models on the market, built just as well and cheaper, but
then again, there is always going to be a premium attached to anything with
a star on it.

A friend just bought one for his wife.  Nice car, and well enough made,
though maybe not quite as well made as you're think for the price.  Mercedes
is no different than any other manufacture, in that they will always do
things to remind you at which level you bought into the brand.

Ed
300E