From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, November 19, 2005 8:14 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Opinions? Block heater vs. in-line coolant circulating
heaterfor an OM616 or 617?

they don't really thin the oil, what they do is keep the oil warmed enough
where it will flow, but not to much where it will thin out. I had a heating
pad, what I call it on my older VW and the oil temp usually stayed around 75
F even when it was -10 outside

69 280 SEL 120,000 Miles
72 350SL   108,000 Miles
2004 VW Passat 4 Motion