While we can talk about the rational and economic factors of electric vs
dino juice vs hybrid all day long, most car choices and purchases are
emotional, not rational. It doesn' treally matter whether you think your
saving money or the environment - you're going to buy the latest technology,
or old technology as you want.
I admit that my fixation on Mercedes is not necessarily a rational decision.
I expect to keep the 300Ds a long time - the van and the ML are throw away
cars to be used up. I'd like to play with an electric car, just for the
instant torque, braking regeneration, etc. One with a serial Diesel
generator would be cool for the ability to travel long distances. However,
it's for emotional reasons, not rational ones.

--
OK Don
2001 ML320