Curt wrote:
> On the news this morning they touted some solar panel company thats come up
> with some new manufacturing tech that is supposed to drive the cost way down
> which is apparently a "game changer".

I remember a 1978 Newsweek article about a guy named Ovshinsky that
spoke about amorphous semiconductor materials.  That was gonna be the
game changer, described as paint one material on the side of the
house, paint another material on top of that, hook up wires, and away
you go.  The guy's company is still around but that system has not
happened, yet.  That is the game changer I want to see.
http://web.mit.edu/invent/iow/ovshinsky.html
mao