Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 21:23:23 -0400
From: Max Dillon <meadedil...@bellsouth.net>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] The "Dirty Little Secret Behind the Chevy VOLT"....

All the big wind generators have a motor feature to keep the blades turning
when the wind isn't strong enough to do the job, because the high wind speed
required to get them spinning doesn't happen often enough.  Basically you have
to spend some electricity to make some.  Long calm spell?  Wind farm will
consume lots of electricity to get through it.  In other words, we can't even
predict the weather, let alone the climate, but that is another discussion...

Max