Curt,
This is my point about no distribution system. As you said, we need 220v
outlets (you can't always be home for a charge on 110v) and someone needs to
develop and implement a metering system, etc. etc. I don't know about you, but
I don't want to be plugging a car into a 220v outlet when it's raining. Anymore
than I want to hook my car to a hydrogen tank that might spark and blow me into
the next county. Businesses in the Atlanta area have tried all sorts of things
to look "green", etc. like van pools and such, but nothing has made a dent in
the problem. So maybe I'm an optimistic pessimist. I hope for the best, but my
practical side says these things are not the answer...at least not in my
lifetime.

As for "no distribution system" you got no outlets at your place? We've got a
HUGE distribution system. What we'll need is more 220v outlets to get better
charge times. What we don't really have now is a good metering system to allow
you to pay places, but I think in the short term businesses will start giving
free charges for employees to show off how "green" they are. In fact we've
started talking about getting my wife's landlord to put in a charging station.
I'm sort of long term pondering a 190EV. It'd be a fun project anyway.
-Curt

Best Wishes,
Roger Hale
Monroe, Ga.