I wish you all the best, glad to hear everything is going good!

Walt
On Jun 21, 2011 3:35 PM, "Donald Snook" <dsn...@mtsqh.com> wrote:
> Gerry wrote: "Great news, Donald! Tell us about the little one and about
your new house."

> Ok. The Little one (Henry) weighed 5 lbs 4 ounces when he was born. We
arrived the day after he was born. He was 4 weeks premature, but was
healthy. He was just a little small and he had trouble with the suck -
swallow - breath instinct. He would wear himself out trying to eat. He did
very well and gained weight everyday. All his other development was perfect.
He was there for 2.5 weeks and then we had to wait for adoption paperwork to
go through. We came home on April 17th. He had already gained significant
weight. He is perfect. Blondish hair blue eyes. Oddly, he actually looks
like me. He really does. He is now almost 3 months old. He has gained twice
as much weight as the doctor's want him to. He hasn't quite caught up to a
full term 3 month old, but he is close. He is a very happy baby, but he
still hasn't mastered sleeping through the night. He has really big hands
and feet and he is a ham. Lots of personality and he turned over on his 1
month birthday. So, Im sure he is going to be an over-achiever! :) He just
had his first cold this weekend and he weighs almost 11 pounds!

> The house is a big ass ranch. VERY different from the previous house. The
previous house was a very nice 1929 brick English Tudor. It had beautiful
hardwoods and fantastic wood trim and some really amazing architectural
details. However, it had small cramped rooms, tiny closets, no master
bathroom, a detached garage and a small yard. It was also the most expensive
house on the block and the neighborhood was really declining. The new house
was built in 1979. AND it is chock full of boom -chicka - wow -wow 70's
glam. Lots of paneling, lots of chain light fixtures, ugly wallpaper, and
one room with floor to ceiling and wall to wall mirrors! But, it also has
3500 sg. Ft, 3 bathrooms, a half acre yard, wide open rooms, a finished
basement, a huge deck a walk in closet, an attached oversized garage and its
50 YEARS newer. So, we have been tearing down wallpaper and painting, and
remodeling. Its going a little slower than expected with the new kid. The
really odd thing is since the market is down, we actually bought this house
$30,000 below appraisal and for the same price we were trying to sell our
old house for. Instead of being the most expensive house in a declining
neighborhood, we have the cheapest house in a very nice neighborhood. My
neighbor and I have already bonded. He has a 500E. It is BEAUTIFUL.

> Donald H. Snook
> McDonald, Tinker, Skaer, Quinn & Herrington, P.A.
> 300 West Douglas
> P.O. Box 207
> Wichita, Kansas 67201 0207
> Tel. (316) 263-5851
> This confidential message may be subject to the attorney-client privilege
or protected by the attorney work-product doctrine. If you have received
this message in error, please delete it and notify me.