Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 13:54:03 -0500
From: Randy Bennell <rbenn...@bennell.ca>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: [MBZ] Classic Cars?

My 22 year old mechanic son has a desire to build a hot rod type classic
car. He works for a shop that does that sort of thing and that has
fanned the flame, so to speak.

In any event, I have been thinking of encouraging and participating to
some extent as he lacks the cash to do it right now. He has moved out
onto his own with his girl friend and they are learning to pay rent etc.

So, my reason for posting this is to ask a question.

What do you folks think is one of the safer classic cars?

Please do not say Mercedes unless you wish to hear tales of how we
stuffed a small block Chevy into it as that is the most likely result.

I could go for one of the gasser MB's but he will not wish to do so and
the point of this is him rather than me.

I am sort of guessing that newer is generally better to some extent.

For example, one of the 80's Chevy Monte Carlos or Mustangs is likely a
better choice than a 55 Chevy in terms of accident protection.

He will not be concerned about this sort of thing, but I am and as his
father, I would like to steer him in that direction without disclosing
that as my purpose.

So, what think you all?

Randy