Looks to be a carbon tetrchloride or similar extinguisher, quite old for sure.

AHA! Googling the label, it's a 1940's Presto fire extinguisher that
is usually filled with chlorobromomethane. There seems to be a
possibility of cardiac arrest if you happen to inhale any of it...

This site has a bit more info.  http://www.mainememory.net/bin/Detail?ln=14611

Going price on fleabay is ~ $60.

Hope that helps!