Gerry Archer wrote:

Because of the multiple layers of aluminum valley, the new floor was very strong. It was still in good condition when the White Tornado, as the teenagers called it, met its end in a Georgia junkyard.
Gerry

When the floor failed in my Chevy Citation, the main problem was that the bench seat had nothing to attach to on the driver's side.

I solved that with a piece of wolmanized 3/4" plywood, a single layer of aluminum flashing, a dozen 1/4" bolts, and a can of rubberized undercoating spray. I covered the hole with flashing, bolted down the plywood, bolted the seat to the plywood (from then on, the driver sat 3/4" higher than the passenger), and sealed it up from underneath with the undercoating. That floor was in better shape than most of the rest of the car when I drove it to the junkyard at 210,000 miles. I broke the 1-2 shift fork and I was not willing to pull the tranny on a car that had reached its life expectancy already. The shift fork was my fault, the anti-wear coating was gone and the fork was worn about halfway through at 168k. I didn't want to pay $60 to order a new one and wait another week to put the car back together (I'd taken the tranny apart because a bolt fell out of the shift interlock and I had a handful of neutrals). Looking back on it, I'm lucky it lasted another 40k miles.
I still look back on that 5 door Citation as the best little truck I ever owned.
Fold up the back seat and it had a long flat cargo area, big enough to hold my rolling tool chest and all its drawers.
Mitch.