YEah, that is real common. It is probably a good thing. Otherwise they would charge you more.

My state even insists that my 87 300D and 91 350SDL are gasoline powered. 'Don't know where they got such idea, certainly not from me.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dieselhead" <126die...@gmail.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2011 2:27 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 190DT Headlight.

The state calls my 87 300D a 3DT I am not sure why the states insist on making up nonexistent model designations when the manufacturer provided a simple model ID. 300D easily fits in their allotted space.

These are the same people who told me my 56 Karmann Ghia didn't exist.

It is what you get when you make somewhat normal people into gummit employees. Any resident common sense evaporates.

Dieselhead <126die...@gmail.com> writes:

 As some people insist that their 300D  is a DT or TD, it is neither;
 and some people want to call their 190D a DT, it is not.  It is a
 190D.

TD = Wagon, Diesel
TE = Wagon, Gasoline/Petrol

Indiana BMV calls my car a 300DT.