Miscellaneous Rambling from an old Turkey.

Maybe one of you wise fellows can tell me what size/type screw is used
to retain the outer door handle on a 300SDL.  I'm suspecting some
thing like a 6mm socket set screw.  If it's very special, I could use
a part number to assist me at the Stealership.

I know, I could by it from Rusty but why should I?  Last time I knew
he was searching for an elusive gasoline leak.  Hay fella, this is a
diesel list!  Here's a pack of matches, now go search for the leaking
gasoline!

Speaking of Rusty, I think NOW would be a good time for him to have a
sale on floor mats.  Our significant others could buy them for
Christmas gifts.

Changed to DELVAC1 over to MOBIL T/S yesterday.   I am amazed at the
oil mileage this car gets, about 6,000/qt.

Cool weather is here, I'm seeing a little more smoke after start-up
than I remember.  It starts very well after 1 glow cycle.  I suspect
the problem is rooted in memory failure rather than anything wrong
with the car.

Air leak noise due to inop sunroof is very bad at 80mph.  I have to
wait for $pring to have the $800 repair done.  I'm afraid to use tape
to seal is as tapes removal will probably damage paint when removed.
If I could find some wax "Rope" that is ΒΌ in diameter, I'd be all set.

Last weekend my Masonic Lodge assisted in relocation of some refuges
from storm ravaged Mississippi.  Warm and fuzzy feeling, being able to
help.  Hope all of our list members are thankful for all their
blessings on the Holiday.

--

Peter T. Arnold
Windsor, Connecticut

1987 Mercedes 300SDL, 234 Kmi on Delvac1, changes when f-soot is 2%

1995 Ford F-250 W/PSD, 192 Kmi on Rotella @ 5 Kmi Changes

2002 PT Cruizer, 77 Kmi, Every 5 Kmi with what's on sale

1954 Metropolitan {My Hanger-Queen}

None use oil between changes, go figure ;-)