Not that I was aware of. When I had to change the wiper transmission in my 86 SDL, I remember the plug being there, and I never did figure out what it was for, but I plugged it in again. If the first generation 126 do not have the thing, I'd guess that you won't miss anything if you don't plug it in.

Did that model have a rain sensor?

Max

Hans Neureiter <diese...@gmail.com> wrote:

It's got that build into the gearbox.
My WA guess is it has something to do with the variable intermittend wiper
control.

On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 8:47 AM, Rich Thomas <