...However, for many of us, there is a limit to the number of vehicles that
we can have. My truck is overkill for my quick commute to work but is
needed for the trips to the lake to haul materials since we are trying
to renovate out there and to launch and retrieve boats. etc...

Those that use them as trucks such as yourself are not the subject of my
comment. I have been seeing of late quite a few new big pickups out my way.
Double cab AWD big V8 engined Fords etc. Just perfect for our four snow days
yearly.

Just tonight after a Costco run I caught up to a gigantic metallic red
dually Dodge, huge fender flares, big chromed wheels and a huge chromed nose.
No
hitch out back. One occupant. So wide I couldn't see around it and it was
about four mph under the limit just to impede the flow.

Profiling, most likely.

RLE