Using body clay is an annual procedure for proper finish care.

It doesn't entail any sort of special effort, for that matter, it is a very
simple process that is nearly impossible to screw up or do incorrectly.

A couple of pointers:

1.) Clay brand isn't important. For that matter, buy the cheapest stuff you can
find. The profit margin on this stuff is nothing short of obscene.

2.) The liquid they sell you is nothing more than soapy water. If you can buy
the clay without the liquid, do it and save yourself some money. Get a spray
bottle and put one or two drops (yes, drops) of dish detergent and fill it with
clean water. That's all it takes.

Clay is usually good for a couple of uses, at least. You know it needs to be
replaced when, after you knead or fold it several times, you can feel the dirt
or grit in the surface. I have used some for several years, but that is pushing
it.

Store it after use in a freezer ZipLoc, as these do a good job of keeping the
clay bar moist. If it does dry out and you want to try and recover it, put a
few drops of clean water on it and knead or fold it to see if any of the
elasticity comes back. If not, toss it and buy new clay.

And by all means, if you have never used clay before, try it the next time you
plan to wax the car. I guarantee you will be amazed at the difference in the
feel of the finish.

Dan (The Mercedes Martha Stewart)

Sent from my iPhone