My '80 240D (bought new Nov '79) had rocker switch on the flasher in center console.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Fmiser" <fmi...@gmail.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Friday, August 05, 2011 2:07 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Balky flasher switch or relay in W123 300TD

> > Andrew wrote:
> >
> > Capacitors in the relay?

> Jim Cathey wrote:
>
> That could also be the case.  (Or bad solder joints, etc.)
> But always check the switch first, it's out in harm's way.

Craig wrote:

I know our W115 220D/8 had electronics in the flasher, because
it was a part of the four-way flasher switch and was a
sizeable box with a relay. When it stopped working, I took it
apart and fixed it.

Does the W123 have electronics in the flasher, too? I thought
it was the small ice-cube like thing under the wooden console
cover.

Early W123s it's combined.  On my cars the ones with the
push-button flasher switch have the electronics in it.  By  '81
or so they use the new style with a rocker switch.

--     Philip