I think, the last you heard, she loves the Honda Accord that replaced it. So far so good with it.

Randy

On 11/08/2011 7:57 PM, Dieselhead wrote:
I thought the last we heard she loved the toada?

On 11/08/2011 4:33 PM, Mitch Haley wrote:
Mitch Haley wrote:

http://wardsautoworld.com/ar/auto_mercedes_working_brake_2/

This isn't a fix, it's a band-aid.
Problem: the ECU is programmed for a failsafe mode that deactivates the brakes. Solution: reduce the likelihood of one of the events that would cause it to enter the dangerous failsafe mode.

"As for the brake problem that afflicted Naumann's E270, Weber says it was caused by vibration that allowed the wiring harness to work loose, triggering a shutdown reaction from the engine's electronic control unit.

The ECU then slipped into a special failure mode that deactivated the SBC system. The recall fixes the harness more securely, and the modification now is being applied to production cars, he says."

Sounds like my good wife's experience with her Toyota Avalon.

Step on the brake and it does not brake because the ABS has taken over but the ABS is not braking because it does not sense any locked up wheels.

It's OK, that is what those big bollards in front of the stores are for. To stop cars (from driving through the nice glass).

It is amazing how much damage a bollard can do to a car that hits it at low speed.

It was written off and we did not buy another Toyota. May never.

Randy