Went back to trying to get the ign switch changed again, using the "official" skinny white painted clothes hanger again. first 3 tries, no luck. Then it finally popped out, so I had to go get the new lock. It really does just pop out when you get everything right.

Took some fiddling to get everything lined up and get the new lock and the cover in place and locked in. I assembled it with the wires in, and then pulled the wires. Not sure if the wires were needed, but they seemed needed to line up things.

Anyhow, one more project done, and now I am down to 3 things on the list. A/C is next!

87 300D  (124)