I prefer bright colours, had a bright yellow Nissan patrol (with a 3.3 turbo Diesel) and looked at a very yellow 123 many years ago but the missus said no, too yellow :'( However when you are scraping out the bottom of the barrel you can't be too choosy in what you find.

Hendrik
who reckons brown is a real pooey colour

relng...@aol.com wrote:
..I agree---that color combo on a W116 is second only to root-beer brown
over bamboo to me....

I don't like the yellows but my '73 450SE was Tobacco Brown with bamboo and the '78 300D was Milan Brown metallic (root beer , I guess) with tan inside and looked like MBs should. Well, in my opinion.

Brown is coming back now. Both Audi and Porsche have new browns and they look very upscale. MB will have a dark brown metallic next year. A great relief from the endless sea of silvers, grays, blacks and whites.

RLE