> > Scott and Gwen Ritchey wrote:
> > In my experience, the higher wattage PS fans are noiser.  If
> > that makes a difference.  I like quiet.

> Mitch Haley wrote:
>
> I've got an OCZ P/S with a huge horizontal fan in my Compaq.
> (fan covers the bottom of the power supply, instead of
> occupying a fraction of the rear) I can hear the hard drives.
> More size gives you more airflow for the same noise, or less
> noise for the same airflow.

Yup.

And the Corsair CX430 V2 is the same style.  Most of those also
scale the fan speed to the temperature so when it's not working
hard, it's very quiet.

I really like the power supply reviews at http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/

They actually load test!  And tear it down to see how it's
built.  It was from them I decided on the Corsair as my current
best-choice power supply.

--    Philip