Honestly - I think you have hit the issue right on the head - Replace.  If
your changing your fluid every 2 years - I don't think it will ever be an
issue.  When I was in college and a little later my wife and I had a 1985
Vanagon camper.  Everyone we knew who had one complained about the cooling
system leaking left and right and the heads getting eaten by the GM Dex -
cool coolant.  I drove that van up to 220K - bought it used - with no
cooling issues thanks to annual changes of coolant and keeping it under 65
MPH.  It was a blast.  But moral of long winded story - change the coolant.
No such thing as lifetime fluids.