I have put the word out to the head AV guy in our school district that I want
to re-create a vintage stereo system for my new house.  I don't have any
particular preference for a specific brand, just want to get my hands on some
decent vintage stuff that may need a little TLC so it's reasonably priced.

This guy has a lot of connections in this regards, so the opportunities are
starting to come in.

Yesterday it was a really nice Marantz 2230 and a Fisher 500C, both very nice
units in good condition.  Both a little out of my price range, but the sellers
might be willing to haggle, so these are both in the running.  Given the choice
I would prefer the Fisher, as it's a tube chassis.  I would expect to recap
both and do an LED conversion on the Marantz to get rid of the lamps.

Anyway, got a call today from a guy who has a B&O Beomaster 1900 that he simply
doesn't want.  Everything works, but he dug it out of a closet and just wants
it gone.

$20.00

Yes, you read that correctly. Twenty dollars.

I'm going to pick it up from him today or tomorrow.

Not really a vintage machine, but might make for a nice setup in one of the
bedrooms.  Will need to source some of the Euro speaker plugs and a DIN cable
to connect stuff.

Anyone here know anything about B&O, other than it's pricey?

Dan