I knew Mercedes engineers thought of everything, but a bear proximity
light?.... Whow, I'm impressed !  These guys think of everything....
hahaha...
[400 lb brown bear in the dark could have you for a snack... glad to hear
you weren't "bear sammich"]

On a more serious note, glad you found it, electrical faults can be a real
pain.