In a message dated 11/26/2005 7:50:56 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

During  this time of year, heat into the passenger compartment is greatly
needed. I  found open windings on the auxiliary heat pump motor even though
the  voltage input was good at 12vdc. Can this pump be bypassed without risk
to  the heater core?

Absolutely.  The pump is quite restrictive when it is not running so I  would
recommend you remove it from the circuit.  I used a high temperature  plastic
90 elbow plastic fitting of the type you find in the hardware store for
plumbing hot water in houses.  I try to avoid copper as dissimilar metals  can
result in electrolyses, and the copper may migrate A seized aux hot  water pump
has been known to draw enough current to burn out the climate control
amplifier so if it is bad, get it out of the circuit

Regards,

Jim  Friesen
Phoenix AZ
79 300SD, 261 K miles