He's doing the 100k service?

I did this to my Sub about 4 years ago (and will have to do it again in a year or so!!), and I think that platinums were specified. I believe I got the Bosch, which were a bit more but the guy at the parts store said he thought they were a bit better.

Had no troubles getting them out, except for the usual contortions. Make sure you wash the motor well to get all the crap from around them, and blow out with air.

--R