Well the time and penetrant worked.  I got the fitting to turn, though
at one point I could feel the wrench starting to round off the corners.
I stopped, repositioned to get a bite on a couple of new corners, and it
finally turned.  I did not end up using any heat.

One thing to keep in mind, even with a flare nut wrench, make sure you
are applying force exactly parallel to the nut.  If you are pushing up
or down at all your wrench will be much more likely to slip and round
off the nut.

The other side came loose with much less trouble, for some reason.  I
have new brake hoses on the front end now, and the rears soaking in
penetrant for an attack tomorrow.  I also treated the bleed screws.

I did cut open one of the old lines out of curiosity.  It didn't look
bad actually, but my karma with brakes is such that I want to eliminate
the unknowns on a new-to-me car.

Allan
--
1983 300D