Looked for the antenna on Amazon. Their descriptions tend to be accurate but
caveat emptor. They claim your 1996 S420 Hirshmann is also in the following MBs.

1994-1997 Mercedes-Benz SL320
1994-2002 Mercedes-Benz SL500
1994-2002 Mercedes-Benz SL600
1996-1999 Mercedes-Benz S320
1996-1999 Mercedes-Benz S420
1996-1999 Mercedes-Benz S500
1996-1999 Mercedes-Benz S600

I'd bet it's also in similar year Jags and BMWs.

Easiest method is to get the exact model number off the unit so you know
exactly what you are looking for and search for that number exclusively. Not
sure where you are but a junk yard would be my first suggestion.

Dave
SoCal