I ordered one from the dealer by vin number to get the right one that would work with the rest of the locks. I was told it would come with a new key and it did. Problem was the new key didn't work with the other locks and the old key didn't work with the net ignition lock. Had to send it back with my old key and they redid the lock so it would work with my old key and sent a new with it.

Manfred

Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 10:58:26 -0700 (PDT)
From: Max Dillon <meadedil...@bellsouth.net>
Subject: [MBZ] Fw:  W123 Trunk Lock

I ordered mine at the local dealer, and the parts guy seemed pretty competent then. He cautioned me that the new lock may or may not come with a key, he said that a key is required to test the lock prior to shipping, and normally the tester will leave the key in the lock, but they don't always do that. Perhaps if there are more than one matching ignition cylinders being made, they use one
key for multiple tests and leave the key in the last cylinder tested?

Very respectfully,
/s/
Max Dillon
'87 300TD 334k miles (Off with the head!)
'95 E300 292k miles (daily driving duties)
'73 Balboa 20 (High & dry until the head is back on)
Charleston SC