Goo Gone should get the shipping tag off. Let it soak for 30min or more.
Detergent won't touch the glue on it.
I'd use Hi Temp paint. Reg Rustoleum will burn off real quick.

Russ W.
On 9/20/2011 8:51 PM, Allan Streib wrote:
I pulled the exhaust off my W116 tonight.  Everything unbolted easily
despite the rusty condition of the pipe itself (heavily rusted
everywhere, and perforated in several places).  Had to use a hammer to
tap the junction at the turbo flex fitting but that popped off pretty
easily as well.

I ordered a new exhaust from Rusty, which arrived a few days ago.
Expensive, but really nice stuff.  It was shipped without packaging,
just some foam wrap zip-tied around the pipe ends.  So there are
shipping stickers stuck on all over the place, as well as MB inventory
stickers, which I'd like to remove before installing.  The MB tags peel
off pretty easily, but the shipping labels are stuck on pretty well.
Does that Goo-Gone stuff work for that sort of thing?  I'd like
something that won't disolve the paint.  Maybe just soak with detergent
and use a plastic blade to scrape?

Speaking of the paint, there are a few scratches here and there,
presumably occurred in shipping and handling.  I'd like to fill those
in.  I'm wondering if I should use hi-temp paint or just something like
regular Rustoleum?

Allan