I got tagged pretty hard in the rear end of my 85
300CD this AM.  Car towed to the body shop will wait
for estimates.  Pushed the Drivers rear quater panel
past 90 degrees up to the wheel well.trunk trashed,
rear bumper mangled, basically the whole rear corner
is gone.  also kinked rear quarter panel on the other
side up near the fuel door.  I guess it sprung the
body enough to have a kink on that side even tho the
impact was on drivers side.  anyway I need to
establish value to try and talk them out of totaling
the car.  Car is an 85 300 CD with 87K miles and is in
pretty much showroom condition.  anybody have
printouts or been keeping track of retail on these??
I have a few listings in the $10K+ range but also have
some in the $4-5K range.  I really want to get the car
fixed but am afraid they'll try & lowball the value
and total it.

TIA

Eric
85 300 CD 87K