Well - back where we were.  I now have no glow intermittently.  If the light
comes on even for a second, I get glow and a beautifully smoothly starting
engine - better then ever.  If it doesnt' come on I have no glow - and very
obviously no glow slow start.  Anyone have a used Known good relay they will
sell me?

Peter