Definitely rent the ball joint tool from Rusty for a 126. You can knock the old ones out with the same 1 1/16" deep socket you used for R & R injector nozzle holders Just put it over the stem of the old BJ (Best to take off the boot first, if it is still there.) and whack with a businesslike hammer. (3-10 lb.) MFH to BFH.

You need access to a vice to hold the rented press while you push in the new joints. Due to the complexity of the 126, it is much better to rent the proper press from the Q man.

I need to look at the suspension bits and the relevant manual sections, and order the parts I guess. I did the 123 front suspension, it was pretty straightforward, though I did take the ball joints to a mech to have them removed and pressed in with the MB tool.

--R