Harry Watkins wrote:
Is there a Mercedes of duct tape out there (used to be Cadillac of duct tape)
;>).

The stuff I have now doesn't seem to stack up like in past years.  I thought
maybe someone has done some leg work to find a good brand.  If so, please share.

I find, for most automotive uses, metal repair tape is superior to duct tape. It's more water resistant, it won't catch fire, and it doesn't leave little strings behind when you peel it off. Combined with muffler putty it will even make a workable temporary exhaust patch. About the only time it's inferior to duct tape is when stretch is required. It's basically aluminum foil with a sticky backing. I think I got my roll in the paint and gutter section of Wal-Mart. (Or maybe K-Mart; it's been a while.)