On Wednesday, November 23, 2011 11:39 AM, "Randy Bennell" <rbenn...@bennell.ca>
wrote:

> In any event, is it not sort of the standard fix now to install some
> led's in place of the bulbs in the instrument panel to brighten it up?
> I have yet to do it but that was my ultimate plan.

I tried this on my Vanagon.  The LEDs are very directional they actually
don't do well in this application.

Anyway, the brightness on mine is fine.  I was actually trying to dim
them a bit (I like the dash to be as dim as possible while still
readable), and as soon as I turned the adjuster they blacked out.

Allan