I just got done using my (new to me) Motometer compression tester, and
here are the results --shame on me, this test was not done with a
fully warmed engine :(
#1 ~335
#2 ~325
#3 ~350
#4 ~325
#5 ~345
#6 ~350

These numbers seem a bit low, but don't appear to reveal any serious
inter-cylinder variance issues or signs of chain vault blowout as the
obvious source of my blue smokescreen.

Any thoughts?

On 11/29/05, Zeitgeist <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> My OM603 has just now started to smoke (blue) so much so, that I think
> I'll be parking her for some time.  This started with excessive
> smoking at startup, then progressed to a little puff of blue upon
> acceleration and is now emitting a minor cloud on acceleration and at
> idle.  Methinks valve stem seals, a headgasket and turbo seals are in
> order...or, I have a bent rod, or the head is toasty, or all of the
> above.

Casey
Olympia, WA
Biodiesel: "I drive in a persistent vegetative state"
'87 300TD intercooler (211k) currently resting
'84 300D (205k)
Gashuffer:
'89 Vanagon Wolfsburg Edition (186K)