George is a great guyand knows his stuff. I sell the rebuilt servo, the new
servo and the unwired tools kit . Best optionm is the kit. So fgas they out
last the servo by two times.

-----Original Message-----
From: "Scott and Gwen Ritchey" <ritche...@nc.rr.com>
Sender: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 18:37:20
To: 'Mercedes Discussion List'<mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] bypass Chrysler servo?

The HVAC servo controls electrical, vacuum, and coolant flow functions.  If
the coolant flow valve isn't stuck (e.g. it only leak) you can bypass the
servo coolant flow control and still use the servo for electrical and vacuum
functions.  My '79TD came this way with a manual shut-off valve in the
coolant line.  I lived in FL at the time so I left it off all the time but I
suppose the PO opened the hood and manually set the valve as needed.  Also,
the older manual HVAC system used a manually operated valve (which may still
be available) that was controlled by a push-pull cable that ran into the
cabin.  There is also a pricey (like $700) kit from Unwired Tools that
replaced the servo completely but you have to be really committed to the car
to spend that much.

There were some articles on the servo some years back so I loaded them up on
my site in case you want to read or download.  Warning: the files are a
couple megs each.  http://kittrellcommunitywatch.dyndns.org/servo

Many on this suite don't like George Murphy but he seems to be the expert on
these servos.  Maybe this helps.

Scott